Planning your garden? Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, located in Louisa, is once again donating 30% of the sales of certain seed packages to support PEC’s Buy Fresh Buy Local program.
Start your garden off with seed samplers that are rich in Virginia flavor and history — the Virginia Heritage Seed Collection and the Welcoming Pollinators to the Garden Collection.
You can also download their full catalogue and choose from a large selection of other seeds at southernexposure.com
The Virginia Heritage Seed Collection
Includes one packet each of the following:
- Contender Bush Bean,
- Henderson Bush Lima Bean,
- Benne Sesame, Hen Peck Collards,
- Roseland Small White Cucumber,
- Deer Tongue Lettuce,
- South Anna Butternut Squash,
- Long Standing Bloomsdale Spinach,
- Early Golden Summer Crookneck Summer Squash,
- Old Virginia Tomato,
- Doe Hill Golden Bell Sweet Pepper,
- and Stone Mountain Watermelon
Order your Heritage Seed Collection online or call (540) 894-9480
The Welcoming Pollinators to the Garden Collection
Bees and other pollinators need pollen, nectar and shelter all season, from early spring through late fall. Support your pollinators with this special collection of 12 old-fashioned single-blossomed heirloom, open-pollinated flowers and herbs. The white, purple, yellow, and orange colors preferred by pollinators provide beautiful blooms for the gardener as well as food and shelter for honeybees and a variety of native pollinators.
Includes one seed packet of each of the following:
- Sweet alyssum,
- Bachelor’s button,
- and Zinnia,
- as well as their Gardeners Quick Guide to Welcoming Pollinators and Other Beneficial Insects
Order your Pollinator Collection online or call (540) 894-9480!