On March 11, 2021, the National Sporting Library & Museum held a public webinar with staff from PEC about the importance of using native plants in our landscapes. Check out the recording below, as well as a list of helpful resources. Check out more of NSLM’s events on their website at nationalsporting.org.
- Guides and Lists
- Book recommendation:
- Social media accounts to follow:
- Upcoming native plant sales in our region:
- April 10: Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy, Morven Park, Leesburg, VA, 9am-3pm
- April 30- May 1: Spring GardenFest, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Richmond, VA, 9am – 4pm
- May 15: Native Plant Sale at The Clifton Institute, Warrenton, VA 9am-1pm
- Native plant nurseries:
- Piedmont Nursery, Jennifer Seay is the owner. Located in Markham
- Hill House Farm and Nursery, Janet Davis is the owner. Located in Castleton.
- Watermark Woods, Julie Borneman is the owner. Located in Waterford.
- 2021 Landscaping with Virginia Natives Webinar Series; Celia will be speaking on pollinators on April 6.
- April 22 – Tour of the Larson Native Plant Garden at PEC’s headquarters in Warrenton (part of the 2021 Historic Garden Week in Virginia)
- May 8, 10am – 12pm: Native Gardening Seminar and Native Plant Sale, hosted by Master Gardeners Association of Fauquier and Rappahannock Counties at Northern Fauquier Community Park. Email registration required. Celia will be speaking at 10am.
- Cost-share funding: