Yes, this project is being pushed by powerful forces, but there is still time to put up a fight. Many of the residents in the proposed route are unaware of VDOT’s plans (or have just learned about it) and have not had a chance to share their thoughts with legislators. Wasteful road projects have been defeated before, but only through citizens speaking up.
We will be continuing to provide you with up-to-date information through emails, community meetings, and postings to www.pecva.org/outerbeltway. We hope you help spread the word by:
Contacting Your Representatives
- Your Congressman, Senator Tim Kaine, Senator Mark Warner, and your State Elected Officials to express your concern. We’ve created a letter-writing campaign that you can use.
- Your local Board of Supervisors
- Speak out at public input opportunities
- Oppose this $1 billion project
- Ask for focus on your current commuter problems
- Ask for local congestion solutions
- Oppose more State funding for VDOT without reform and better priorities
- Participate in local planning – your voice can have an impact on decisions, particularly at the local level
- Talk to your neighbors and friends to spread the word.
- Sign up for ‘Land Use & Transportation’ email alerts so we can keep you informed as new information becomes available