- The DOE Insulation Fact Sheet offers helpful advice on insulating your existing house and supplies information you need to know if you are building a new home.
- The DOE Guide to Types of Insulation can help you select the best type of insulation for your home.
- With Energy Star’s Do-It-Yourself Guide to Sealing and Insulating, you can learn how to find and seal hidden attic and basement air leaks, determine if your attic insulation is adequate, and learn how to add more and make sure your improvements are done safely.
Heating and Cooling Efficiently
- Energy Star’s Heating and Cooling Efficiently guide can help you increase the efficiency of your heating and cooling system.
- Improve your home’s heating and cooling performance with Energy Star’s Duct Sealing suggestions. A duct system that is well-designed and properly sealed can make your home more comfortable, energy efficient, and safer.
- Energy Star’s guide to Programmable Thermostats
If You Want to Do More
- Energy Star’s guide to Refrigerator Retirement. Your old refrigerator could cost you over $100 a year compared to a newer model.
- Sierra Club’s Green Tips Library offers suggestions for more ways to increase your energy efficiency everyday.
- The Tax Incentives Assistance Project is designed to give consumers and businesses information they need to make use of the federal income tax incentives for energy efficient products and technologies.