- This event has passed.
HOAs and Condo Associations: Planning and Managing Common Open Space
October 24 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
You know the value of native plants, trees, and sustainable landscaping techniques. But now what? What can you do to begin working with your HOA or Condo Association to encourage them to take the next steps in investing in this approach? Join Plant NOVA Natives for an engaging session on ecologically sustainable community master planning and land management in Loudoun County.
Strategic and capital planning that incorporates nature-based design can protect open spaces and bring a focus on vibrant outdoor spaces to your community. Better understanding your community’s tree care can ensure a healthy, sustainable tree canopy for decades to come. Learn how natural systems and native plants can beautify community property while supporting wildlife, reducing maintenance issues, and becoming a source of community pride.
All are welcome, regardless of the county you live in! This event is free and will take place over Zoom. Registration is required.
In this symposium, you will:
- Learn the value of developing a plan to upgrade your community’s green infrastructure
- Understand the hurdles to implementation and strategies for success
- Gain an understanding of trees and native tree communities
- Familiarize yourself with the ins and outs for tree selection for various functions
- Set goals and managing expectations with your Board and community
- Invest in the proper design and planning for native plant gardens
- Plan for the long-term maintenance of the various components of your property
- Hear about examples from communities in and around Loudoun County
- Brainstorm with and learn from other community associations facing similar challenges
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (with breaks)
- Introduction (Renee Grebe, Audubon Naturalist Society)
- Creating a master plan (Zac Lette, Land Planning and Design Associates)
- Managing natural areas and trees (Kyle Dingus, Loudoun County Urban Forester)
- Breakout group discussion Native plants in a community association setting (John Magee, Landscape Designer)
- Breakout group discussions
- Closing remarks
Audubon Naturalist Society, Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy, Northern Virginia Conservation Trust, The Piedmont Environmental Council and Plant NOVA Natives
Questions? Contact Margaret Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 703-244-9174.
Alternative Date – We’ll also be hosting the same webinar on September 25.