- This event has passed.
Blue Ridge PRISM In-Person Field Sessions
October 17 @ 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Join PRISM’s knowledgeable staff and volunteers in the field to learn invasive plant ID, herbicide safety, and a how-to for manual/chemical control techniques. In-person field sessions will be held in Charlottesville’s Azalea Park on September 25 and Rappahannock County Park in Washington, Virginia on October 17. Both field sessions will offer the same content. Space is limited. Register for just one field session ($25).
Charlottesville Field Session – September 25 (in-person), 1-4 pm – REGISTER
Rappahannock County Park Field Session – October 17 (in-person), 2-5 pm – REGISTER
Learn more: https://blueridgeprism.org/prism-events/
Topics covered in our fall sessions include:
- Identifying invasive plants
- Which invasive plants you can best control now
- Which invasive plants you should treat later
- Best seasonal practices for each invasive
- Using manual & mechanical control methods
- Methods for controlling invasive plants with herbicides
- Choosing the right herbicide and equipment, and using them properly
- Planning a work schedule with best timings for multiple plants