- This event has passed.
2022 VFGC Advanced Grazing School
October 18 @ 9:00 am – October 19 @ 4:00 pm
Join Virginia Forage and Grazing Council for two days of workshops designed for farmers looking to transform their farm operation into a profitable business with less work and stress. Learn more: https://vaforages.org/event/2022-vfgc-advanced-grazing-school/
Dave Pratt has helped thousands of farm families build happier, healthier lives and improve the health and productivity of millions of acres and will be leading this 2-day advanced workshop. Dave began his career with the University of California Cooperative Extension Service in 1985. Known for his innovative teaching and research on regenerative grazing, in 1992 Dave began working with Dr. Stan Parsons, who created the Ranching For Profit School and founded Ranch Management Consultants. Dave has taught the school in the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia and Africa.
In 1999 Dave left the University to manage RMC. Two years later Dave and his wife, Kathy, bought RMC from Dr. Parsons in 2001. Dave and Kathy carried on the RMC mission for 21 years, helping people transform their ranches into sustainable businesses, before selling RMC to the new and current owner, Dallas Mount. In retirement, Dave continues to write, teach, consult and coach.
October 18, 9:00—4:00 Three Secrets for Increasing Profits
- Project profit or loss using the RFP 7-step profit planning model.
- Use benchmarks to identify your profit drivers and find your “dead wood.”
- Transform your farm into a successful family business that makes more profit and requires less work!
October 19, 9:00—4:00 Hard Work & Harmony
- Get everyone in your business on the same page.
- Turn expectations into agreements.
- Hold family members accountable in the business without hard feelings at home.
- Create a succession plan ensuring there is a “happily ever after” for your family.
8668 S. Blue Ridge Turnpike
Rochelle, VA 22738
Attend Oct 18 or Oct 19 for $100.00 each day, or attend both for $150.00.