- This event has passed.
Earth Day Tree Planting at The Meadows Farm
April 22, 2021 @ 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
Join us for an Earth Day tree planting in the Warrenton area on April 22! Volunteers will be needed from 9:30 am – 2:30 pm for planting native tree seedlings (scalping, digging holes, planting, and pounding stakes).
Planting native trees helps our environment and our community and can:
- Sequester carbon to improve air quality;
- Regulate temperatures in our urban environments;
- Increase property values in our neighborhoods;
- Catch and filter polluted stormwater before it enters our local streams;
- Stabilize soils and stream banks preventing erosion;
- Provide valuable forage and habitat for fish and wildlife.
All COVID guidelines shall be adhered to – volunteers must bring their own mask and observe social distancing.
PEC & FOR will provide all of the necessary tools for planting as well as snacks and extra water. Volunteers should bring: Mask (Required), Work gloves, Hat, Sunscreen, Water bottle.
As a bonus, there is a nice pond to sit by if you choose to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy either before or after your shift!
Sign up to attend:
There are both morning and afternoon time slots. Please sign up using the PATH Volunteer Hub webpage for the event:
Questions? Contact Robin Cross at PEC by emailing email@example.com.