Butcher Training Course
November 6 @ 12:00 pm
Rappahannock Center for Education has a new meat cutting program designed to prepare students to work in the meat processing field at a wholesale processing facility or in a restaurant or butcher establishment. Tuition is $900 for 12 classes commencing November 6, 2021. The program was created in partnership with American Farmland Trust and The Piedmont Environmental Council.
Learn more: https://www.rappce.org/course/butcher_program/
- Learning about cutting and merchandising whole animals, including chicken, lamb, pork and beef
- Understanding the anatomy and physiology of the animals, including key bones and yield percentages
- Learning about cutting skills and techniques such as deboning and denuding
- Learning about safe usage of a bandsaw, handsaw, and knives
- Understanding Latin muscle names, carcass yields and yield grades, USDA quality grades and how to conduct a yield test
- The purpose of this program is to train people to work in a meat processing facility or similar
Your tuition includes all classroom materials. Need-based scholarships are available to qualified Rappahannock County residents. Residents of surrounding counties may be eligible for financial assistance from special funds. RappCE will work with each qualified applicant to identify resources for financial support.
12018 Lee Highway
Sperryville, VA 22740