- This event has passed.
Amphibian Monitoring Training Session (Virtual)
January 15 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Frogs and toads are a vital part of our ecosystem and are considered an indicator species. Fluctuations in their populations can give us vital information regarding the overall health of their habitat. Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy’s amphibian monitoring program collects data that is compared over time to observe trends in populations and identify areas of population decline. Volunteers will monitor specific locations from February to September.
Contact Jenny Erickson at email@example.com for questions or concerns.
During this training you will learn:
- Importance of monitoring frogs and toads
- Different amphibian habitats
- Identification of local frogs and toads
- Frog/toad monitoring protocols
- Locating appropriate habitats for monitoring
- The training session is required for participation in the FrogWatch Amphibian Monitoring program. Registration required.