- This event has passed.
2021 Conservation Lobby Day
January 21, 2021 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Join the Virginia Conservation Network and partners (including PEC!) to ensure a strong conservation voice is heard during the legislative session. At this annual event, volunteer advocates join professional staff to meet with state legislators and encourage them to support strong conservation policy.
From VCN’s event webpage:
Along with all of our events this winter, our Lobby Day is going virtual. We are finalizing the format of this event as we approach our first virtual Conservation Lobby Day and appreciate your patience as slight changes in the schedule may occur. We expect to host guest speakers and legislators in the morning. Virtual 15 minute Zoom meetings with your Delegate and Senator will follow, and we will close off the day with a lunch briefing, including an update on the redistricting process in Virginia..
This year’s lobby day will cover:
- Tackling climate pollution from transportation;
- Securing funding for our natural resources in order to clean up the Chesapeake Bay, protect our parks and natural landscapes & enhance our environmental agencies;
- Increasing utility accountability while meeting our clean energy goals;
- Improving environmental justice in the Commonwealth,
- And more!
- We are proud to host this event with support from our partners: the Virginia Sierra Club, the Chesapeake Climate Action Network, the Piedmont Environmental Council and the Virginia League of Conservation Voters.
Learn more and register today: