Location: PEC’s Headquarters in Warrenton, Virginia
Supervisor: Director of Finance & Administration
Job Classification: Full Time Non-Exempt (part time hours will be considered)
The Piedmont Environmental Council (PEC) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that has proudly promoted and protected the natural resources, rural economy, history and beauty of the Virginia Piedmont since 1972. PEC empowers residents to protect what makes the Piedmont a wonderful place, and works with citizens to conserve land, protect air and water quality, celebrate historic resources, build smart transportation networks.
Description of Position
The Piedmont Environmental Council (PEC) is seeking to hire a Finance Analyst to work in our headquarters office in Warrenton, VA. This individual will provide basic support to the Finance Department in day-to-day functions, including data entry and analytical support for various tracking and reporting functions. PEC has a complex accounting system with over 100 cost centers, two companies and dozens of grants of various sizes and multiple donations with various restrictions.
Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare all cash/check deposits and key all deposit detail into the General Ledger (including online donations)
- Prepare and input recurring journal entries, as assigned, into the GL on a monthly basis, including the use of complex Excel worksheets for allocations
- Create and maintain a master spreadsheet of all PEC grant activity
- Reconcile YTD donations between the GL and our CRM systems databases on a monthly basis
- Request Certificates of Insurance as needed
- Assist the Director of Finance & Administration in the preparation of internal monthly financial statements for both PEC and the Piedmont Foundation
- Assist with all Finance staff in the annual audit process by gathering items for the auditors
- Review all staff credit card reconciliations and key into the GL
- Do AP, deposit and journal entry filing as necessary
- Prepare financial grant reports as requested for a variety of governmental agencies and foundations
- Prepare other analytical reports, as requested
- Interact with all PEC staff and public on financial matters and occasional interaction with members of the Board and donors
- Excellent Excel skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to construct written financial reports and excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently after initial instruction
- Ability to learn the chart of accounts and a complex list of cost centers and assign revenue and expenses in an accurate manner
- Ability to prioritize among competing demands (with direction)
- Experience with automated accounting and CRM systems preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but significant experience can be substituted for some education
- Experience in a nonprofit setting preferred
Salary range is $25 to $29 per hour, commensurate with experience.
PEC offers an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, short and long term disability and term life insurance, a 403 (b) employee pension plan, HSA and FSA options and some employer paid additional supplemental insurance benefits including accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity. Upon employment, you will be entitled to paid holidays and will begin accruing personal leave as designated in the PEC Employee Handbook. PEC also offers employees one day of leave per year to perform volunteer work.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Piedmont Environmental Council is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women and persons of color are encouraged. Resume reviews begin immediately.