Location: PEC’s Headquarters in Warrenton, Virginia
Job Classification: Full Time, Non Exempt, Temporary
The Piedmont Environmental Council (PEC) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that has proudly promoted and protected the natural resources, rural economy, history and beauty of the Virginia Piedmont since 1972. PEC empowers residents to protect what makes the Piedmont a wonderful place, and works with citizens to conserve land, protect air and water quality, celebrate historic resources, build smart transportation networks.
Description of Position
The Piedmont Environmental Council (PEC) is seeking a temporary Development & Event Assistant to support the database coordinator, development team, and communications team with fundraising duties. We are looking to hire someone with the following skill sets:
- Tech savvy, organized, detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Ability to calmly and effectively resolve customer service concerns in sometimes stressful or ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and oral, including ability to write, edit, and proofread written materials for the purpose of direct mail appeals, acknowledgment letters, emails, and other similar correspondence
- Ability to positively engage in direct communication with donors and prospects and collaborate with other staff and external vendors
- Ability to handle simultaneous projects and manage competing deadlines
- Discretion and mature judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to organize, coordinate and manage diverse activities and deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required; position requires driving
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Areas of Responsibility
Membership & Development:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within the organization to execute deliverables identified in the direct mail and online fundraising calendar; work with the Development and Communications team members to ensure that established deadlines are met
- Assist Development team members with special event coordination. Duties to include:
- Coordinating with vendors and speakers
- Managing invitation and response lists
- Preparing materials such as name tags, place cards, seating charts, posters and presentations, as needed
- General event set up and break down
- Work with the Database Coordinator and Development team members to maintain accurate donor records and extract information for use in mailing lists and financial reports
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications in the CRM database
- Provide excellent customer service and assist with responding to donor inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 1-2 years of relevant experience required
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher) and proficient in using Google Apps/G Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Slides, Docs, and Drive); expertise in conducting mail merges using Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Experience working with CRMs and donor databases (Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce NPSP)
This is a non-exempt, temporary position with a wage of $20 per hour, 40 hours per week subject to the organization’s needs. Employment term is subject to change or negotiation for possible extension of work period. Initial estimated dates of employment will be from August 1 to December 31, 2021. There are no benefits associated with this position.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled and interviews will begin immediately.
The Piedmont Environmental Council is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women and persons of color are encouraged. Resume reviews begin immediately.